In 1976, at the age of 12, Todd began his career working in his family business. The company, Sound of Music, Ltd, provided satellite communication services to businesses across the country. Todd worked his way to VP of Sales and Marketing and played a key role in generating over $1.1 million in EBITDA for the company. The company customer base was sold to Muzak Corporation twenty two years later for over 8X enterprise value of EBITDA. Todd was directly involved in Muzak’s acquisition of this successful family business. Through that experience, Todd gained an interest in the brokerage industry and it was then that EBIT Associates, Ltd. was formed. Todd is an entertaining and sought after public speaker, giving presentations and seminars on the benefits of having advisory representation when it comes time to buy or sell a business. He has also written several articles on the importance of advisory representation. Todd is a Candidate for an Associates Degree from Trinity University of Deerfield Illinois for finance and Biblical studies. He is the principal and founder of EBIT Associates, Ltd., a Barrington, Illinois.
Todd is the principal and founder of EBIT Associates, Ltd. an Investment banking firm, and EBIT Holdings, LLC, an investment company used for acquisitions into the lower middle market companies. He is an entertaining and sought-after public speaker, giving presentations and seminars on the benefits of having advisory representation when it comes time to buy or sell a business. He has written numerous articles on business issues such as valuation, business structures, tax planning, strategic growth and business succession.
Todd has bought and sold companies personally over the years and serves on three company boards and one not-for-profit. He is the past 2007 President of Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries (MBBI), a not-for-profit organization for lower middle market companies. Once when asked by his eighth-grade teacher what he wanted to be when he grew up. Todd’s response was, “I want to be a pilot.” In fact, he is an instrument rated pilot today. In harmony with his drive for success in business Todd exemplifies integrity and compassion in all that he does. When he isn’t working you will likely find him snow skiing, scuba diving or volunteering at a not-for-profit organization, such as an orphanage in Baja, Mexico where his sponsored children know him as “To” or Uncle Todd. Along with his wife they are proud to have sponsored over a half a dozen students to date, putting them through college in Mexico. He enjoys golfing and has been married over 20 years. Todd and his wife serve together through their local non-denominational church and reside in Wadsworth, Illinois.
- CM&AA (Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor) as designated by the Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- CMEA (Certified Machinery/Equipment Appraiser)
- SBA (Senior Business Analyst)
- FRC (Financial Recasting Consultant)
- BTS (Business Transfer Specialist)
- CBB (Certified Business Broker) as designated by the Affiliate – Business Brokers Network (BBN)
- Member: Midwest Business Brokers Intermediaries (MBBI) past president 2007, board member 2000-2009
- Member: Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Member: NEBB Institute
- Past Member: M&A Source, The world’s largest organization of middle market intermediaries
- Past Member: International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Past Affiliate: Business Brokers Network (BBN)
- Past Member: Stick & Rudder Flying Club (S&R), member 1993-2008 and board member 2004-2006
- Licensed by Illinois Business Brokers Act of 1995 Illinois Securities Department
- TRINITY UNIVERSITY, Deerfield, Illinois 1992-1995
- Associate Degree Candidate, Completed course work in Business, Finance and Biblical Studies
- CM&AA (Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor), CMEA (Certified Machinery/Equipment Appraiser), SBA (Senior Business Analyst), FRC (Financial Recast Consultant), BTS (Business Transfer Systems), CBB (Certified Business Broker)
Instrument rated pilot; ministry work with an orphanage in Mexico; Scuba Diving; Golf, Skiing, Volunteer (with spouse) as a Premarital Mentor through the Marriage Ministry at Willow Creek Community Church South Barrington, IL