CM&AA, CMEA, SBA, FRC, BTS, CBB
EBIT Associates, Ltd.
Phone: (847) 566-0500 X201
- CM&AA (Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor) as designated by the Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- CMEA (Certified Machinery/Equipment Appraiser)
- SBA (Senior Business Analyst)
- FRC (Financial Recasting Consultant)
- BTS (Business Transfer Specialist)
- CBB (Certified Business Broker) as designated by the Affiliate – Business Brokers Network (BBN)
|Member:||Midwest Business Brokers Intermediaries (MBBI) past president 2007, board member 2000-2009|
|Member:||Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)|
|Past Member:||M&A Source, The world’s largest organization of middle market intermediaries|
|Past Member:||International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)|
|Past Affiliate:||Business Brokers Network (BBN)|
|Past Member:||Stick & Rudder Flying Club (S&R), member 1993-2008 and board member 2004-2006|
Licensed by Illinois Business Brokers Act of 1995 Illinois Securities Department.
Guest Speaker for many organizations.
Todd Cushing is the principal of EBIT Associates, Ltd. in Barrington Illinois, founded 1999
Todd Cushing is on the board of three companies plus one non-profit organization.
EBIT Associates is a leading intermediary and investment banking firm advising private and corporate clients on lower middle market transactions. EBIT provides sophisticated solutions in merger and acquisitions, private placement, financial restructuring, fold-ins, IPO’s, project consulting and valuation opinions. We use a customized marketing strategy and state-of-the-art resources, allowing us to close transactions over three times the industry average.
In 1976, at the age of 12, Todd began his career working in his family business. The company, Sound of Music, Ltd, provided satellite communication services to businesses across the country. Todd worked his way to VP of Sales and Marketing and played a key role in generating over $1.1 million in EBITDA for the company. The company customer base was sold totwenty two years later for over 8X enterprise value of EBITDA. Todd was directly involved in Muzak’s acquisition of this successful family business. Through that experience, Todd gained an interest in the brokerage industry and it was then that EBIT Associates, Ltd. was formed. Todd is an entertaining and sought after public speaker, giving presentations and seminars on the benefits of having broker representation when it comes time to buy or sell a business. He has also written several articles on the importance of broker representation. Todd is a Candidate for an Associates Degree from Trinity University of Deerfield Illinois for finance and Biblical studies. He is the principal and founder of EBIT Associates, Ltd., a Barrington, Illinois.
Todd has bought and sold companies personally over the years and serves on three company boards. He is the past 2007 President of Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries (MBBI), a not-for-profit organization. Todd is an instrument rated pilot, enjoys golfing, and has been married for over 12 years. Todd and his wife serve together at their church as premarital mentors and reside in Wadsworth Illinois.
EBIT ASSOCIATES, LTD., Barrington, Illinois 1999 to present is a leading and intermediary and investment banking firm advising private and corporate clients on lower middle market transactions. EBIT provides sophisticated solutions in merger and acquisitions, private placement, financial restructuring, project consulting and valuation opinions. We use a customized marketing strategy and state-of-the-art resources, allowing us to close transactions over three times the industry average.
- Sold over 40 companies in the service, manufacturing, transportation, and distribution industries.
- Sought after speaker for the industry on topics such as buying a company, selling a company, and what to ask when qualifying a potential client.
- Authored numerous articles on business issues such as valuation, business structures, tax planning, strategic growth and business succession
- Past and present Board of Director of four companies and one not-for-profits.
- Past Board of Director of www.mbbi.org Midwest Business Brokers (MBBI) and Intermediaries from 2000-2009 and past President in 2007.
- Purchased service transportation business in 2001 with $1.6M in revenues and a staff of 45 individuals. Sold company in 2005.
- Received several designations in the M&A industry with hundreds of hours of class preparation. Designations include: CM&AA (Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor), CMEA (Certified Machinery/Equipment Appraiser), SBA (Senior Business Analyst), FRC (Financial Recast Consultant), BTS (Business Transfer Systems), and CBB (Certified Business Broker).
SOUND OF MUSIC, LTD., Mundelein, Illinois 1976 to 1999 Offers world class total communications support to major corporations and small businesses nationwide; includes full range of products and services maximizing audio and video capabilities through leading-edge satellite communications technology; former 3M Sound Products Dealer; recent affiliate of Muzak since April, 1998.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (1993 to 1999); Operations Manager (1987 to 1992); Sales Manager (1983 to 1987); promoted entry-level to Sales (1976 to 1982).
Empowered with full P&L accountability for a diverse range of cross-functional responsibilities, including: sales, marketing, advertising, analysis of competition, customer service, budget administration, policy and procedures, building maintenance/operations, composing bids for local and national accounts, and updating computer system with current vendor pricing and labor rates. Direct administrative and sales staff of 18. Revamped and reorganized numerous operational protocols, which have significantly contributed to company’s stability and success.
- TRINITY UNIVERSITY, Deerfield, Illinois 1992-1995
- Associate Degree Candidate, Completed course work in Business, Finance and Biblical Studies
- CM&AA (Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor), CMEA (Certified Machinery/Equipment Appraiser), SBA (Senior Business Analyst), FRC (Financial Recast Consultant), BTS (Business Transfer Systems), CBB (Certified Business Broker)
Instrument rated pilot; ministry work with an orphanage in Mexico;; Golf, , Volunteer (with spouse) as a Premarital Mentor through the Marriage Ministry at Willow Creek Community Church South Barrington, IL